The key activities of the Administrative Core include supporting and coordinating all CFAR activities and promoting active communication between the Leadership Group and the Core Directors, CFAR faculty members, UCLA and CDU Institutional Leadership, and Community groups interested in working with the CFAR.
The Core will be led by Drs. Zack, Currier, and Spencer. Dr. Ferbas (Scientific) and Ms. Lee (Operations) will serve as Managing Directors of the Core. The Aims of the Core are:
- To provide scientific leadership and governance based on strategic planning to support the breadth of research and clinical care at UCLA and CDU.
- To provide HIV specific biostatistical consultation and support services to CFAR members.
- To provide a central source of up-to-date information and prompt assistance for Core Directors, CFAR researchers, UCLA Faculty and community partners interested in the UCLA-CDU CFAR.
- To provide effective and timely evaluation of CFAR activities and report progress to UCLA and CDU Institutional Officials, the Leadership Group, the External Advisory Board and NIH participating Institutes and Centers.
Core Leadership and Key Staff
Managing Director, Scientific
Administrative Core Leadership Group Developmental Core
Services Offered by the Core
Administrative support, including:
- Grant application letter of support from CFAR Leadership
- Provide operational support for grant applications, and CFAR-related activities
- Disseminate information via mailing list and social media outlets regarding funding opportunities, seminars, think tanks, and news updates.
Time Sensitive Funding Opportunities
- Vouchers for CFAR and CFAR-affiliated services
- Vouchers for Biostatistical Support
- Voucher for UCLA Flow Cytometry Core services
- Voucher for CFAR Core C (Centralized Laboratory Support)
- Rapid Response Awards
- Incubator Awards
- Travel Grants
- Recruitment/Retention Package Application
- CFAR Administrative Supplements
Contact the Core
Jina Lee, Managing Director, Operations
Sign up to be added to the UCLA-CDU CFAR Listserv