CHARLES R. DREW UNIVERSITY of MEDICINE and SCIENCE
HIV Research Cluster and Drew Center for AIDS Research, Education, &
Services (Drew CARES), Los Angeles, CA
INVITE APPLICATIONS for ASSISTANT-to-FULL PROFESSOR
To Apply: https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4786
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is a premier mission-driven university
dedicated to transforming the lives of underserved and under-resourced communities through health
professions education, biomedical and public health research, and compassionate care. The CDU HIV
Research Pillar and Drew Center for AIDS Research, Education, and Services (Drew CARES) have a vibrant
track record of HIV-related research, training, and service delivery.
In collaboration with the Urban Health Institute, the CDU HIV Research Pillar and Drew CARES seek to
recruit two faculty members for appointment at the academic rank of Assistant-to-Full Professor. Faculty
rank will be determined based on experience and review of dossier material submitted. Recruited
faculty members will have opportunities for research collaboration and mentorship with the new UCLACDU Center for AIDS Research (CFAR). The CFAR mission is to stop HIV in Los Angeles County and beyond
by engaging diverse researchers with multidisciplinary perspectives.
CDU is seeking investigators:
• Whose work combines HIV prevention, treatment, and/or health services research with any one
or more of the following areas: substance use disorders, mental health, trauma, clinical
informatics, hepatitis, cancer, cardiovascular disease, or mobile technologies.
• With research experience and interest in domestic issues related to Black and Latino populations
OR international issues related to prevention and treatment services in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• With conceptual and methodological expertise involving some combination of the following:
health disparities, multi-level modeling, macro-social determinants of health,
intervention/prevention development, bio-psychosocial influences, ubiquitous technologies,
social network methods, implementation science, and health policy.
• With an interest and skill in teaching or mentorship and a history of successful multi- disciplinary
Candidates with a Ph.D., Dr.PH., M.D., or D.N.P. from a broad range of disciplinary backgrounds (e.g.,
medicine, public health, psychology, sociology, social/behavioral epidemiology, nursing, health services,
behavioral economics) are encouraged to apply. One position must be filled by an HIV clinician with the
ability to obtain a CA medical license.
• Evidence of community outreach skills and/or engagement with communities
• Scientific publications, presentations and commitment to translational research
• Strong track record of extramural funding and active research agenda
• Emerging or established evidence of national/international reputation
• History of research collaboration and ability to work in a multi- and inter- disciplinary environment
Questions and inquiries contact:
Director, Urban Health Institute
1748 East 118th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90059
(323) 249-5709 / firstname.lastname@example.org / www.cdrewu.edu